Brandon Witt - GRL Author tour

I had no idea what to expect when I signed up for GRL. I still don’t, though I get more excited every day. So much has already happened that I didn’t anticipate and GRL is still two months (ish) away!

I never dreamed of all the expenses that would be involved outside of the hotel, registration, plane, and food—swag ain’t cheap, ya’ll.

I didn’t realize how stressed I was going to be about loosing weight. Guess how much weight I’ve lost since March. Go ahead….. If you said gained nearly ten more pounds, you’re right on the money.

I didn’t expect making new friends before GRL even started, but the M/M folk are awesome!

I wasn’t sure if I’d have a new book published before GRL. I’ll have two! A contemporary novel and an erotic anthology with (name dropping, it isn’t pretty but I’m gonna do it) a few authors by the monikers of Barnaby, Cooper, Stone, and York (set at a gay writing conference—see what we did there?).

I had no idea that I would feel like a genuine member of our M/M world and be even more proud to be a gay author.

GRL has already been a blessing, truly, and I haven’t even gotten on the plane yet!

Now, since I’ve given myself four more years to retire from teaching (my 40th birthday) and turn into a full-time author, I’m gonna promote, without shame (ish), my new novel. (Don’t worry about my over-use of parenthesis and less than academic vernacular, my editor doesn’t see my blogs, but she does my books. You won’t have to put up with my ramblings in those pages.)

Then the Stars Fall is set to be released on September 29, 2014. While I don’t have a cover to show you, yet, the photo of the two corgis, are Dunkyn and Dolan, and they play a very large role in this novel. I can offer you the blurb, though:

The death of his wife four years earlier left Travis Bennett a shell of the man he used to be. With his dog by his side, Travis raises his three children, manages his business, and works as a ranch hand. But every day, every minute, is an aching emptiness.

Wesley Ryan has fond memories of the small Ozark town of El Dorado. Seeing it as a safe place to put his failed relationships behind him, Wesley moves into his grandparents’ old home and takes over the local veterinary clinic. An early morning visit from Travis and his dog stirs feelings that Wesley seeks to push away—the last thing he needs is to fall for a man with baggage and three kids as part of the package.

Life, it seems, has other plans.

In the mean time, you can get caught up on all of my other novels (without the parenthesis). If you like contemporary fiction with a focus on overcoming abuse, I’d choose The Shattered Door. If you like urban fantasy (think vampires, warlocks, mermaids, etc), give my Men of Myth series a try.

Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know me today, and I can’t wait to see you at GRL or somewhere online! Whether or not you choose a Witt book, please drop by and say howdy! You can find me in all the usual haunts, and sometimes on some unusual ones too…..

Website: http://www.brandonwitt.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brandon.witt.author

Twitter: https://twitter.com/wittauthor

Dreamspinner: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=brandon+witt&osCsid=fjmj0vn7gl6var6k00qn6durk1&x=-1069&y=-326


No comments