Always, by Kindle Alexander - Review 4/5

Always

Born to a prestigious political family, Avery Adams plays as hard as he works. The gorgeous, charismatic attorney is used to getting what he wants, even the frequent one-night stands that earn him his well-deserved playboy reputation. When some of the most prominent men in politics suggest he run for senate, Avery decides the time has come to follow in his grandfather's footsteps. With a strategy in place and the campaign wheels rolling, Avery is ready to jump on the legislative fast track, full steam ahead. But no amount of planning prepares him for the handsome, uptight restaurateur who might derail his political future.

Easy isn't even in the top thousand words to describe Kane Dalton's life after his father, a devout Southern Baptist minister, kicks him out of the family home for questioning his sexual orientation. Despite all the rotten tomatoes life throws his way, Kane makes something of himself. Between owning a thriving upscale Italian restaurant in the heart of downtown Minneapolis and managing his long-term boyfriend, his plate is full. He struggles to get past the teachings of his childhood to fully accept his sexuality and rid himself of the doubts brought on by his religious upbringing. The last thing he needs is the yummy, sophisticated, blond-haired distraction sitting at table thirty-four.

Review - 4/5

My Mum tells me a story. I don't remember it happening because I was really little, only seven. But my Great Gran died in August 1974 and my Great Grandad just couldn't wrap his head or his heart around losing her, He insisted on going to his allotment every day to bring fresh veg back to the house, just as he had done for her for so many years. He passed away in December, he just couldn't live without her.

Always has the same depth of feeling and frankly I sobbed for the last few chapters. As much as I did when I watched the end of Titanic, or The Fox And The Hound. Okay, so that may not be a brilliant recommendation. You may hate Titanic, you may not like Disney films, but anyone who has ever loved another person to the exclusion of everyone else will really *feel* this story.

It would have been a 5/5 for the way it gripped my heartstrings so very hard at the end, but I skipped quite a few of the many sex scenes, just looking at dialogue. Don't let that put you off either, you can skip as well if you're not into what felt like a sex scene every chapter or so. I also didn't *feel* the kids so much, but then I was focusing on Avery and Kane. I wasn't sure on the Mister nickname, but this could be a US thing, so you can ignore that as well.... ROFL... Every time I read *Kennedy* I was thrown a little, but I guess this could have been a nod to the other Presidential aristocracy. I would have thought there would be more protection, and a gay VP I'm kind of not seeing... but that is all forgotten when you get to the end.

What this book ends up being, and where it comes into itself at the end is that it is a story of forever love and all that it means, and it very cleverly ticks every box by the end that will have you burying your face in the pillow for a good cry.

Buy Links



No comments